Hello, my name is Crystal. A friend gave me the idea to start a blog. So I decided to blog about my every day life as a stay at home mother and wife.
I wake up in the morning, get my boys ready for school, then get as much cleaned as I can before my one year old daughter wakes up. Once she is up, it's her time with mommy. We go through a daily routine of breakfast, cartoons, playing together, lunch, then nap time.During her nap I get the rest of the cleaning done. She takes later naps, so when she wakes up, her brothers are usually there to greet her. Once they are home, I check for homework, and they play with their sister for a little bit before heading down to their game room.
I usually start dinner between 5 and 6 pm, depending on when my husband gets home from work. I am very adamant about him having a hot meal. I do not like to microwave anything. After dinner, we all relax together for a little while, rather it be just talking, or watching a movie together. All of the kids go to bed at 8:30 pm. Keeping them on a strict schedule helps so much. They get up at 6 am, so I want to make sure they get plenty of sleep so that they are not cranky or tired the next day.
I am a very old fashioned wife and mom. I do everything around the house. The way I see it, my kids go to school all day and my husband works from 6 am to anywhere between 4 and 7 pm five days a week. I cook every meal, I clean the house by myself, and I take care of the kids. Now don't get me wrong. He pulls his weight plus some. He helps anywhere he sees that he can. But I hate when he helps, because in my eyes, it's my job. He does more than enough to take care of all of us.I want my children to know that there are still wives out there that cook and clean and fulfill their wife and motherly duties. It's not that I can't work. In my eyes, if I'm not at home doing all of this, then how will it get done? I would rather raise my children myself than to send them to a daycare and miss out on any of their accomplishments through out their childhood. I couldn't imagine missing their first words or first footsteps.
There are those that have to get up and go out to an 8 hour work shift. I was truly blessed with not having to do that. I am more than thankful that I am able to stay at home with my children every day. But to those mothers that aren't as lucky as I am, props to you. Not only are you a mother and wife, but you also have to hold down another job on top of it.
If you get the chance, please check out my friend's blog.
pigtailsandpitbulls.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment